1.There are many aspects of unequal situations in a market and poor enforcement of rules and regulations. Hence there is an urgent need to sensitize students and encourage them to become aware consumer.
In order to become an aware consumer students will undertake a project: Consumer Rights
1. How are consumers exploited in the market place?
2. Consumer Rights
3. Logos and Certification of standards (ISI, Agmark, Hall mark etc.) (Name and paste related pictures / wrappers or packs)
4. Draw or paste at least 2 cuttings of ‘Jago Grahak Jago’. Advertisement.
Project is to be done on A4 size sheets (5 pages only).
It should be handwritten, supported by pictures / drawings where ever necessary.
For reference, go through last chapter of Economics- Consumer Rights.
Collect information given on wrappers, price tags, boxes of items purchased
CONTENT ACCURACY - 3 marks
PRESENTATION - 3 marks
COMPLETION - 2 marks
PUNCTUATION - 2 marks
TOTAL - 10 marks
1. Each student has to undertake any one project from the following topics:-
- Meaning of the term, devastating effects
- Action to be taken during a Tsunami
- Actions to be taken after the Tsunami
- Points suggesting preparedness for Tsunami
2. Safe construction practices:
- Disaster resistant Buildings
- In Earthquake prone regions
- Flood hit regions - Landslide regions - Regions struck by cyclones
3. Survival skills during Disasters
4. Alternate communication system during disaster
- Students can choose anyone topic.
- Report should be handwritten and of not more than 15 pages
- Acknowledgment, Index, Bibliography (sources of Information ) are to be made.
- Paste or draw pictures where ever required.
The distribution of marks relating to Project Work is as follows:-
S.No. -- ASPECTS -- MARKS -- MARKS OBTD.
1 Content accuracy and originality 1 mark
2 Presentation and creativity 1 mark
3 Process of Project completion : Initiative,
cooperativeness, participation and punctuality 1 mark
4 Viva or written test for content assimilation 2 marks
5 Teacher’s Signature
- Students have to make this rubric on the last page for assessment of the project.